Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Anniversary Day

Today is our anniversary. I'm sure all you visitors know this already. Today has basically been just another day. Well pretty much a crappy day. Don had a lady back out on the sale of a house. He has been down about it, so have I. We have been married for 25 years today. Where has the time gone? Children and a grandson, and one on the way. People I am not this old.My mind says I'm not but my body says I am. Help Dr. Scanland!!! Anyway, although this day has been terrible, and there have been others, there have been more happy days than not. For all of you who think I can't do this anymore, hang in. Think of all the good days!!! God has done so much for us. We do have a story. It has unfolded over the past 25 years. Our story is still in progress, because as I have said before, we never arrive at the perfect marriage.I guess you can compare marriage to a trip. Looking forward in anticipation to the trip is half the fun to me. Once you get there you have a blast while you are there, then you have to come home. And your trip is over. If you count your marriage as a journey, and don't ever arrive, the anticipation will always be there. Always look forward to the next day, and the next, and the next. Always take God on this journey with you. You cannot survive without him. Take time for eachother. We are learning this still after 25 years. Kaitlin will be gone soon and then its just us. Be sure you like eachother at this point.Cause you are all eachother has. Ha!! Well I don't know if Don reads this blog, but if he does Happy Anniversary!!! Love You !!!! Be Blessed all you visitors!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 25th Anniversary!!! I hope you guys get to celebrate soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don & Paula you know the times I have been in
    the valley with Al's jobs and moving but the
    Song " God in the Valley, is still God on the
    Mountain". That song got me through the almost 8 months Al was without a job until he
    got on at Davidson Textron, which turned out to
    to the best job he ever had. When you least expect it, things will work out. Happy 25th
    Anniversity.
    Love, Mom, (Wanda) and Marvin

    ReplyDelete