Sunday, May 17, 2009

Snickerdoodle Cookies

I can't believe its been a week since I have been on here. Been kinda busy this week. Small lunch and dinner for 50 at the Tennis Banquet. I have nothing on my calendar for this week. Maybe I can cook for my family some this week. Since I am baking snickerdoodles I thought I would share the recipe.

Snickerdoodle Cookies

1 cup crisco
1 1/2 cups sugar (mix these 3 ingredients together)
2 eggs

2 3/4 cups plain flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Add these ingredients to top three ingredients. Mix well.. Dough will be thick.

Put 1 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of sugar in a sandwich bag. Roll cookie dough into a 1 inch ball, put in bag . Shake until coated .Place on cookie sheet and press dough down a little. Bake on 375 for 11 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet carefully. They are still soft. Put on cooling rack. They are really good when they are hot.

Tip: When you store these cookies, put a piece of bread in the container. It will keep the cookies soft. I learned this from Andrea Ridge. It works!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Making these today with Bella. Thanks, I love these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the best snickerdoodles ever!!! Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete